Sunday, July 14, 2013

Days 4&5- Work keeps me busy!

Work can get a bit crazy sometimes and it's always easier to shove something quick in your mouth (like candy or chips) but I choose to shove almonds, pistachios, cucumbers and radishes :)

Days 4&5 were similar because I worked 2 days in a row and I tend to make enough food to cover me for the amount of shifts that I'm working. Breakfast was the same as day 1.  Lunch was my leftover kale, brussel sprout salad and I was so busy yesterday that I didn't really have time to cook a protein so I threw some frozen chicken breasts into the crockpot w/rosemary, garlic, s&p and cooked it on low for 6 hours. In the morning I had chicken breasts ready that I shred and mixed it w/my almond "cream" sauce. 

This was my pathetic dinner on day 4...
Spinach, cherry tomatoes, artichokes w/basil vinaigrette and sausage (I always make leftovers). 

Day 5's dinner was the same that I had for breakfast. What can I say? I love eggs and I could eat it for every meal if I could. 

My friend Angela is doing great. I'm proud of her and the progress she is making with her family. I was also excited when she sent me a recipe she tried that I haven't made yet. I plan to make it soon!


1 c almond flour, 3/4 flax meal, 1/4 cup combination poppy, sesame, & chia seeds, 1 tb coconut oil, I egg, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/8 tsp ea onion & garlic powder. 

Mix well, roll out about 1/8" thin, cut in sq's & bake 325 for 15 mins :)

I'm also happy to say that I've recruited another person to join us to eat real food!

No comments:

Post a Comment