Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 1: 21-DSD

Day 1 was spent mostly at work since I work 12 hour shifts.  I always have the same thing for breakfast when I'm at work since I know it keeps me full for awhile. Breakfast consisted of 2 eggs, 2 bacon, spinach, sundried tomatoes and avocado- all wrapped up in a muffin tin. I also had chia seeds mixed w/coconut milk and 100% cacao powder. 
For lunch, I made zucchini noodles w/cremini mushrooms, artichoke and cherry tomatoes mixed w/a "creamy" almond sauce. I got the recipe from www.againstallgrain.com but I used almonds instead of cashews (since cashews aren't allowed on the detox)
My protein consisted of turkey meatballs made w/basil and artichokes. Recipe is from www.paleomg.com. 

Snacks through out the day consisted of almonds, pistachios, radishes, cucumbers and a home made green veggie juice (kale, spinach, carrots, cucumber, celery, lemon and spirulina).

Dinner- Chicken kabob w/a Greek salad (no feta, no olives-not sure if I can have these)


My friend and I survived our first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment