Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 3- 138

Today I decided to be somewhat creative for breakfast...
I made an English "muffin" (almond flour, ghee, egg, baking power, s&p) w/poached eggs, the almond "cream" sauce, avocado and sausage. And to top it off, my daily espresso :)

I don't feel tired today. Went to the driving range to embarrass myself and then I put in a strong workout at the gym:

Back squats 
1x5 135#
2x5 140#
2x5 145#

Dead lifts 
1x5 105#
2x5 110#
2x5 115#

And finished off with a 1 mile run. I'm only allowed to have 8oz coconut water so this was refreshing after the workout!

Family parties are always fun to go...except when you're on a sugar detox. This was my contribution to the party
Roasted brussel sprouts, kale, shredded cabbage, carrots, bell peppers with a basil vinaigrette (basil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, lemon, Dijon mustard and olive oil)

Temptations all around me! My aunt said "it's only one day, you can eat sugar..."  Here were a few things I could eat including my salad
Here are some things that are not included on this detox...

For dinner, I went out to a Mexican restaurant for a going away party. I wasn't quite hungry so I just ordered a shrimp ceviche w/avocado and lettuce. 

Today was a true test of my discipline and will power! If I can make it thru a family party and dinner with friends then I'll definitely make it to day 21! I've been eating out a lot these past few days so I need to stop and start cooking again!

No comments:

Post a Comment