Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Day 3- Cooking with a baby

Day 3 has been a bit difficult because I had a list of things to cook.  It's kinda hard to cook with a crying baby so I brought her along for the ride to teach her a thing or two about clean eating :)
 
Today I made some flax/chia seed crackers and the savory herb drop biscuits from the 21DSD book. I also made the Asian style meatballs and the red cabbage and bok choy slaw for lunch. 


Some of the items came out over done because I had to attend to the needs of my little diva :)

I made the Herb cheese and had it with my chia/flax seed crackers for my snack.  These were the broken crumbles that were left over. I know this doesn't look that appetizing but it was good 


I also had a protein shake at some point during the day. My protein shake usually consists of any or all of these ingredients:

Almond/coconut milk
Kale
Almond butter
Vanilla extract
Frozen banana
Cacao powder
Hemp protein powder


Hemp has a lot of protein so it keeps me satisfied for a little bit. 

Dinner was nothing exciting. Just leftover beef stew and a Greek salad I made from the Food Lover's cook book. 

Since I'm breastfeeding, I get hungry easily so I had to have a baked sweet potato and some turkey slices a couple hours after I had dinner. That hit the spot and I'll have to remember to eat a sweet potato a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment